Download the Carpool and Traffic Plan »
If you are looking to carpool with other families in your area, check out the Carpool to Providence Hall spreadsheet and see who else has signed up.
NOTE - Providence Hall does not coordinate, nor are they responsible for, carpools. We provide this information for family use only.
Dear Parents and Guardians,
We would first like to say THANK YOU to all for being so patient with our carpool situation. As you can imagine it wasn't an easy task for those who designed a carpool plan to accommodate 3 schools with no buses. Things seem to be moving much quicker now, and everyone seems to be getting the hang of things. There are just a few areas which may need some clarification.
- There is NO STOPPING, STANDING, OR LOADING on the street in front of the HS and JH. There is no shoulder, and therefore traffic gets backed up when doing this. It also puts your student in danger of being hit by oncoming vehicles.
- There is NO STOPPING, STANDING OR LOADING on the "NORTH" side of the road in front of the elementary school. This becomes a lane during car pool, and therefore backs traffic up significantly during those times.
- Please DO NOT motion your student to cross traffic and enter the vehicle on the street at any point. This is very dangerous, and is something that seems to be happening frequently.
- Remind your students to treat any and all gathering points with respect. This would include but not be limited to, the elementary school, churches, fire station, parks, and any of our neighborhoods. We want to show our neighbors that our students know how to "ACT" responsible.
- Parents, we have had complaints about neighborhood residents not being able to get out of their driveways. Please DO NOT block driveways.
- Finally, please remind your students to wait for the crossing guard to help them across the street. Our crossing guards are in reflective vests with STOP signs for a reason.
Your help in following the traffic plan is greatly appreciated. When doing so it reduces the time spent during drop off and pick up. This is also very important to ensure the safety of our students and staff.
Your Health and Safety Committee