Newsletter May 1st - May 5th
MAY 1-5TH NEWSLETTER
5/3 1st Round of State boys Soccer @ home vsDiamond Ranch
5/5 Annual Spring carnival
5/6 1st round of State baseball @ home (West Ridge baseball diamond)
5/6 2nd Round State boys soccer @ home TBA
5/9 Sports banquet @ 6:30pm
5/11 Band concert 6:00pm
5/12 Choir concert 6:00pm
5/16 Guitar concert 6:00pm
5/17 Orchestra concert 6:00pm
5/18-19 High School Musical 7:00pm
5/20 High school musical 7:00pm
5/23 Senior Awards Night 6:30pm
5/24 Choir concert 5:00pm
Think Communicate Act
GENERAL SCHOOL INFORMATION:
• If you have a senior who has received a scholarship or has been accepted to college have them bring their acceptance letters to their counselors. We want to include these in the Senior Awards Night program.
• This month's parent information brown bag is on Thursday, May 18th from 11:30 to 12:15 in room 108. We have a speaker coming from The National Alliance on Mental Health (NAMI) to talk about how parents and students can address anxiety and depression and suicide risks.
• Our annual spring carnival will be held at the high school Friday, May 5th from 2:00 – 7:00pm at the high school. Wristbands are $10 and includes mechanical bull, inflatables and dunk tank. There will be food trucks, games, and small vendor booths.
• The sports awards banquet will be held May 9th at 6:30pm.
• The annual Patriot Day 5K will be held May 20th @ 9:00am. Cost is $20 until the event and $25 at the door. Click on the following link to sign up or go to www.runnercard.com and click on road races:
Patriot Day 5K sign up link
• May 1st through May 5th is teacher appreciation week. Let our teachers know how much we appreciate the work they do!
• The high school will be offering 2 summer school offerings. The first session will run from June 5th-23rd and the 2nd session will run from July 10-28th and will go from 8:00 - 11:00am. Cost is $100 and can be paid at the front office for the classes and $250 for Drivers Ed. Drivers Ed classes will be from 1:00-2:30pm June 5th to the 15th and July 10th to 20th.. Students may only take ONE class per session(not including drivers ed). You can sign up for classes here:
Summer school sign up link
• Academic Letter Breakfast and Award Ceremony:
o Invitations to the May 22nd Breakfast and Ceremony will be mailed home by May 5th.
• SAGE Testing:
o April 24th – May 5th: English Language Arts (9th-10th grade)
o May 8th - 12th: Math (9th-10th grade)
o May 1th – May 19th: Science (all students enrolled in a science course)
o May 22nd – 26th: Make-up Tests
• ASVAB Results:
o If your student chose to take the ASVAB exam on April 7thresults will be distributed and explained May 2nd in the Library. Parents of participants are invited to attend.
• DP and AP Testing: May 1st – May 17th
o Dates and times are set by AP and IB.
o Late students will not be allowed to sit for exams. Absent students will not receive a refund and tests will not be reschedule.
o Testing students are excused the entire day of their assigned exam(s).
• Senior Awards Night: May 23rd at 6:30pm, Gym
o Students who have received scholarships, college acceptance letters, and cords will be invited to attend.
• Finals dates for 2nd semester:
o Student finals for 2nd semester will be Wed May 24th, Thur May 25th, Tues May 30, and Wed May 31st.
• Senior Week and Graduation Activities:
Wednesday, April 26th5:00pm
Senior Time Capsule Activity (we will open this capsule at our 10-year reunion!), Pizza will be served at 5:30pm
Monday, May 8th
Money and Permission Slips for Senior Night Activity and Dinner due (permission slips are in the office)
Monday, May 22nd
Spirit Day: Lazy Day
Tuesday, May 23rd
Spirit Day: PHHS Gear Day
Tuesday, May 23rd
Senior Awards Night: Invitation Only (Academic Cord, Scholarship, and Department Awards)
Wednesday, May 24th
Spirit Day: Way Back Wednesday
Thursday, May 25th
Spirit Day: College Day
Senior Breakfast, Yearbook Handout, and Locker Clean-out
Thursday, May 25th
Senior Night Activity @ Classic Skating
Tuesday, May 30th
Graduation Practice @ 6:00pm at the high school
Wednesday, May 31st
Graduation at UVU @ 5pm
• Our performing arts department will be presenting High school Musical Thur May 18 and Fri May 19th at 7:00pm and Sat May 20th at 2pm and 7pm at the high school.
o Boys soccer took 1st place in region and will be taking part in the 1st round of state playoffs at home vs Diamond Ranch Wed May 3rd at 4:00pm.
o Baseball team took 1st in region and will be playing Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of this week. They will be hosting 1stround of state playoffs on Sat May 6th @ West Ridge baseball fields.
o Girls golf took 1st place in region. Girls will be playing May 18thin the state tournament.
• On May 11th @ 7 PM, I will be holding my parent meeting to answer any questions regarding the upcoming season of Cross Country. Weencourage all 8th graders that are interested in cross country to attend with their parents.
Providence Hall is gearing up for summer break! While summer presents an opportunity to relax and enjoy the sunshine, we want our students to continue to find ways to learn while away from the classroom. We have an exciting reading service available through OverDrive
(http://providencehall.lib.overdrive.com). The OverDrive collection provides free 24/7 access to eBooks and audiobooks. What better way to engage your student's mind than through reading?
This summer, the OverDrive Summer Read (http://resources.overdrive.com/summer-read) program will offer a collection of Juvenile and Young Adult titles that will be prominently displayed in our digital collection for quick and easy unlimited access from June 7 – August 7, 2017.
Summer Lunch Program
Nutritious free meals are available for children ages 18 and younger at many Utah locations throughout the summer while school is out of session. For available locations visit the USDA website at https://www.fns.usda.gov/summerfoodrocks or contact the Utah State Board of Education, Child Nutrition Programs at 801-538-7680.