Drop-Off & Pick-Up Information
Click Here to Download Carpool & Traffic Plan
Drop-off and Pick-up Expectations
- Please enter area slowly and watch for children.
- Please follow directions of school personnel directing traffic.
- Show respect to other drivers and school personnel.
- Do not stop or park in crosswalks marked with white lines.
- Drop -off or pick -up children in designated lanes only.
- Obey posted signs: “No cell phone use in carpool lanes”, “Move forward”, etc.
Parents picking children up on foot after school are asked to please wait in the designated Family and Student area west of the school and not in the front of the building.
We need to keep the front sidewalk clear for pick up, special needs children and those who are helping control the flow of the drop-off and pick-up traffic flow.
Drop-Off & Pick-Up Letter
Dear Parents and Guardians,
We would first like to say THANK YOU to all for being so patient with our drop-off and pick-up traffic situation. There are just a few areas which may need some clarification.
- There is NO STOPPING, STANDING, OR LOADING on the street in front of the HS and JH. There is no shoulder, and therefore traffic gets backed up when doing this. It also puts your student in danger of being hit by oncoming vehicles.
- There is NO STOPPING, STANDING OR LOADING on the “NORTH” side of the road in front of the elementary school. This becomes a lane during car pool, and therefore backs traffic up significantly during those times.
- Please DO NOT motion your student to cross traffic and enter the vehicle on the street at any point. This is very dangerous, and is something that seems to be happening frequently.
- Remind your students to treat any and all gathering points with respect. This would include but not be limited to, the elementary school, churches, fire station, parks, and any of our neighborhoods. We want to show our neighbors that our students know how to “ACT” responsible.
- Parents, we have had complaints about neighborhood residents not being able to get out of their driveways. Please DO NOT block driveways.
- Finally, please remind your students to wait for the crossing guard to help them across the street. Our crossing guards are in reflective vests with STOP signs for a reason.
Your help in following the traffic plan is greatly appreciated. When doing so it reduces the time spent during drop-off and pick-up. This is also very important to ensure the safety of our students and staff.
Your Health and Safety Committee
Parent Organized Carpool Sign-up
- NOTICE – Providence Hall does not coordinate carpools, nor are they responsible for them. We provide this information for family use only.
- If you are looking to carpool with other families in your area, the PTO manages this 21-22 Parent Organized Providence Hall Carpool Coordination Google sheet:Click Here to Go to the Parent Organized Carpool Google Sheet
- Direct all questions about this Parent Organized Providence Hall Carpool Coordination Google to the PTO.
Providence Hall’s Bus Program
Click the following button for information on how to sign up a student to request a seat on one of Providence Hall’s paid bus routes ($60 per quarter per student) and to see information on the two routes Providence Hall currently is running for student drop-off and pick-up: Click Here for Bus Program Information